Wednesday, May 30, 2007

from seeds to fruit


"Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. The man who thinks he kknows someting does not yet know as he ought to know. But the man who loves God is known by God."


This afternoon, I was carrying all my books down from my office in preparation for our upcoming move. I had forgotten how many books I had and with each trip up the steps my body and my heart grew weary. I started thinking about how excited I was when I first read many of them. Looking at the titles as I packed each box was pretty convicting.

How many times was I challenged by the biblical truths in those pages I'd read? How many times did I desire to discipline my walk with God based on those stories and illustrations that inspired me? And How many seeds of change failed to reach fruition?

I wrote out a few of the titles in "paragraph" form to express my desire to be the man, father, husband, pastor, brother, son, and friend that God can work in and through to build the kingdom.

I want to RECAPTURE THE WONDER because GOD TELLS THE MAN WHO CARES. I want to be HEARING GOD and his call to THE HEART OF WORSHIP. I want to chase a LOVE BEYOND REASON. I want FRESH FAITH, FRESH POWER, and FRESH FIRE in my PURSUIT OF GOD. I want to BE THE CHURCH. I want to be involved with THE ORGANIC CHURCH which is an UNSTOPPABLE FORCE. I refuse to be a RICH CHRISTIAN IN AN AGE OF HUNGER. I want to MAKE JESUS LORD and to show COMPASSION when I FIND GOD IN THE GUTTER. I want to be content with JUST ENOUGH LIGHT FOR THE STEP I'M ON. I want PRAYER ON FIRE to embrace the IRRESISTIBLE REVOLUTION. I want to DESIRE GOD and to be LIVING ON THE EDGE. I need to be A PASTOR WHO PRAYS and AN ARROW POINTING TO HEAVEN for my kids. I want my life to say "LET'S START WITH JESUS." I want to be FOREVER RUINED FOR THE ORDINARY. I want to answer the question, "WHO WILL SPEAK FOR GOD." I want have THE MIND OF CHRIST. I want to see NO LITTLE PLACES. I want people to know that i AM NOT BUT i KNOW I AM. I need BROKENNESS and the WISDOM OF TENDERNESS. I want to understand THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING FOOLISH and THE FREEDOM OF SIMPLICITY. I want to follow God with RUTHLESS TRUST. I pray that I am DRAWING CLOSER. I choose to see the RED MOON RISING.

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: