Friday, July 6, 2007

"Dad, guess what I prayed when I woke up"

I was welcomed yesterday morning by Josh nearly shouting, "Dad, guess what I prayed when I woke up." He didn't give me time to guess but continued, "I prayed, 'God thank you sooooo much for this house and can we please live here forever.'"

It was great to hear his excitement about our new home. Greater still to hear his gratitude directed to God. We had a good talk about God's goodness and provision.

"Can we please live here forever." Josh's request got me thinking. Later in the day I talked to Josh again about our utlimate forever home. If we are listening God will remind us every day that we are aliens and strangers here, and that we are to be living for more that what meets the eye. These are good reminders for us as we take nearly daily trips to Menards (something like a Home Depot). Kingdom perspective; that's our prayer these days for our family, for our church fellowship and for all believers.

All for Him!

No comments: